We can offer advice with...
- Billing Issues
- Commercial Insurance
- DC Heath Care Alliance [PDF]
- DC Healthy Families [PDF]
- EPD Waivers [PDF]
- Eligibility for State Programs
- Grievances/Appeals (Health Benefits Plan Members' Bill of Rights) [PDF]
- Health Care Reform
- Health Care Rights and Responsibilities
- Katie Beckett Waiver
- Medicaid [PDF]
- Medicare [PDF]
- Pre-existing Condition Plans (PCIP) [PDF]
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary Program [PDF]
- Health Services for Children with Special Needs [PDF]
- Transportation Services (non-emergency)
Our Health Care Outreach/Education Services’ efforts include education on insurance coverage, managed care and your rights to medically necessary health care by your insurance company. We make presentations to community, provider and advocacy groups. For further information, please call (202) 724-7491.
When should you call the Health Care Ombudsman?
If you live or work in the District of Columbia, and...
- Your insurance company won’t pay a medical bill that you think they should pay;
- Your doctor or another provider isn’t treating you the way you think they should;
- You need help finding health care, but don’t know who to call;
- Your doctor says you need a prescription, but your insurance company doesn’t agree;
- Your doctor says you need a test, but your insurance company says “no”;
- You want health insurance, but you don’t know who to call; or
- Your doctor says you need to stay in the hospital, but your insurance company says you must go home.