Effective July 1, 2020, in accordance with the requirements set forth 29 DCMR 8608.20, IMD providers are required, as a condition of reimbursement for services authorized under Chapter 86, to “participate through a formal agreement with a registered HIE entity of the DC Health Information Exchange (DC HIE), defined in Chapter 87 of Title 29 of the DCMR.” IMD providers must also participate in a reporting process via the DC HIE throughout the demonstration period.
Instructions: Per transmittal Transmittal 20-12, providers subject to the requirements of Chapter 86 must complete and sign the DC HIE Onboarding Documents needed to establish a formal relationship with one of the District Registered HIE Entities.
Specific forms for each of the HIEs recognized as District Registered HIE Entities participating in the DC HIE are listed below. The completed forms should be e-mailed to Michelle Marie Zancan at [email protected].
IMD Provider Onboarding Documents for DC HIE Participation
Chesapeake Regional Information System for our Patients, Inc. (CRISP DC):
- CRISP HIE Participation Agreement
- CRISP Substance Use Disorder Attestation Form
- CRISP Qualified Services Organization Agreement*
- CRISP Attestation of NPP
- CRISP Sample Notice of Privacy Practice
* Only required for organizations identified as a 42 CFR Part 2 program per the Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Attestation Form.
District of Columbia Primary Care Association (DCPCA) Capital Partners in Care (CPC-HIE):
- CPC-HIE Participation Agreement
- CPC-HIE Substance Use Disorder Attestation Form**
- CPC-HIE Attestation of NPP
- CPC-HIE Sample of Notice of Privacy Practice
** If, after completing the SUD Attestation Form, the provider is identified as a 42 CFR part 2 program, CPC-HIE will forward the SUD Attestation to CRISP, along with a request for the CRISP outreach team to contact the practice to establish a CRISP HIE Participation Agreement.
For information on getting connected to the DC HIE, please contact Michelle Marie Zancan, at [email protected] or [email protected].
For general information on the DC HIE, please contact [email protected].