District Medicaid Section 1115 Behavioral Health Transformation Waiver Stakeholder Kickoff Meeting
Date: Thursday, November 21, 2019
Time: 2 pm
Location: 441 4th Street, NW, Room 1107, Washington, DC 20001
What: District leaders and staff will provide more information on waiver services and implementation efforts, kick-off discussion of systemic change, and respond to questions.
Who should attend: All interested members of the public, including service providers, advocates, and Medicaid enrollees, are encouraged to participate.
Call-in: 1-650-479-3208; PIN: 730369389
BACKGROUND: As approved by CMS on November 6, the District’s Behavioral Health Transformation Demonstration waiver will allow District Medicaid to pay for certain services provided by an institution for mental disease to Medicaid-eligible adults with serious mental illness (SMI)/serious emotional disorder (SED) or substance use disorder (SUD) by an institution for mental disease (IMD). The waiver will also add new community-based services designed to improve behavioral health treatment capacity and strengthen transitions from emergency, inpatient, and residential treatment.
- If you are attending the meeting in-person, you will need either District or federal identification to enter the building.
- Please use the South Elevators (to the right once you pass security) and go to the 11th Floor.
- The meeting room is wheelchair-accessible; sign language and Spanish translation will be provided.
- Questions may be submitted in advance to [email protected].
- If you would like to request additional access or translation services, please email [email protected] or call (202) 442-9048 in advance of the meeting.