DC HIE Registration Application
The Department of Health Care Finance (DHCF) seeks applicants to become District Registered HIE Entities. District Registered HIE Entities attest to meeting certain privacy, security and access requirements in the HIE Rule.
Benefits of attaining a District Registered HIE Entity status:
- Acknowledgement that the HIE meets all privacy and security best practices identified by DHCF in the HIE Rule
- Opportunities to engage in discussions with other registered and designated HIE entities that make up the DC HIE
Ready to apply for a District Registered HIE Entity status? Please follow the instructions below:
1) Before you begin, read the HIE Rule in its entirety, including the Guidance on Applying to be a District Registered HIE Entity.
2) Review the information below and assess if your HIE entity meets the eligibility requirements for District Registered HIE Entity status.
3) For questions on the application process, please contact: Nina Jolani, HIE Program Analyst, DHCF, [email protected] and or at 202-478-1470.
- Meet the definition of a HIE entity as described in the HIE Rule and provided below.
HIE entity – an entity that creates or maintains an infrastructure that provides organizational and technical capabilities in a system to enable the secure, electronic exchange of health information among participating organization not under common ownership.
- The HIE entity or its managing business organization, is a business organization established under District or applicable state laws.
The DC HIE Registration Application is accepted on a rolling basis.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Read Guidance on Applying to be a District Registered HIE Entity
Step 2: Complete, sign, and save the required DC HIE Registration Form (fillable PDF)
Step 3: Attach and label the following separate required documents to one e-mail (all in PDF format):
- Completed and signed DC HIE Registration Form
- A.1: Organizational and operational information
- A.2: General business liability insurance and cyber liability insurance
- A.3: Third-party privacy and security audit report or letter
- A.4: Third-party financial audit report or letter
- A.5: Policy for reasonable notice to cease operations
- A.6: User access control policy
- A.7: Processes and policies in response to breaches
- A.8: Incident response plan
- A.9: Policy for performance of periodic, random audits
- A.10: Consumer education policy
- A.11: Consumer opt-out form
- A.12: Notice of privacy practice
- A.13: Participation agreement
Step 4: Name the subject line of the e-mail – DC HIE Registration Application
Step 5: Submit e-mail to [email protected]*
Step 6: Receive confirmation from DHCF.
* Please add the e-mail address to your safe senders list
Interested in applying for the District Designated HIE Entity status? Review and assess if your HIE entity meets the eligibility requirements to apply here. The DC HIE Designation Application is only accepted during the 2019 application period; Monday, August 19, 2019 to Wednesday, September 18, 2019 by 5:30 PM ET.