DC HIE Designation Application
The Department of Health Care Finance (DHCF) seeks applicants to become the District Designated HIE Entity. The District Designated HIE Entity provides core exchange services to District providers and is a trusted DHCF partner.
One (1) District Designated HIE Entity will be selected, for a term of 5-years, during the 2019 DC HIE Designation Application period (August 19 –September 18, 2019).
Ready to apply for the District Designated HIE Entity status? Please follow the instructions below:
1) Before you begin, read the HIE Rule in its entirety, including the Guidance on Applying to be the District Designated HIE Entity.
2) Review the information below and assess if your HIE entity meets the eligibility requirements for District Designated HIE Entity status.
3) For questions on the application process, please contact: Nina Jolani, HIE Program Analyst, DHCF, [email protected] and or at 202-478-1470.
To be eligible to apply to be the District Designated HIE Entity, an HIE entity must:
- Concurrently submit a DC HIE Registration Application to DHCF or have previously been approved as a District Registered HIE Entity.
- Meet or exceed the consumer education and auditing requirements set forth in Chapter 87, District of Columbia Health Information Exchange, of Title 29, DCMR, (“HIE Rule”).
- Be organized in accordance with the District of Columbia “Nonprofit Corporation Act of 2010,” effective July 2, 2011 (D.C. Law 18-378; 58 DCR 1720) or organized as a nonprofit corporation in the jurisdiction where the entity is incorporated.
Applications will only be accepted during the listed timeframe below:
- Application Period Opens: Monday, August 19, 2019
- Application Period Closes: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 by 5:30 PM ET
HOW TO APPLY
Step 2: Complete, sign, and save the required DC HIE Designation Form (fillable PDF)
Step 3: Develop the four required organizational plans (use Guidance on Applying to be the District Designated HIE Entity):
- B.1: Plan #1 Strategic and Operations
- B.2: Plan #2 Financial Sustainability
- B.3: Plan #3 Access and Auditing
- B.4: Plan #4 Health Care Consumer Education
Step 4: Attach and label the required separate documents to one e-mail (all in PDF format):
- DC HIE Designation Form
- Documents B.1-B.4
- Include the following documents:
- B5: Internal Revenue Service Form 990
- B6: Accreditations or Certifications
- Other supporting documents as deemed necessary by the applicant
Step 5: Name the subject line of the e-mail – DC HIE Designation Application
Step 6: Submit the e-mail to [email protected]* prior to the application period close date, Wednesday, September 18, 2019 by 5:30 PM ET. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
Step 7: Receive confirmation from DHCF.
* Please add the e-mail address to your safe senders list