…this year, we will announce a partnership to build a new hospital on the St. Elizabeths campus. With this partnership, once and for all, we will create a self-sustaining, state-of-the-art health facility that will provide residents with a hospital they can be proud of…
Mayor Muriel Bowser, State of the District, March 15, 2018
Background. The District, through the Department of Health Care Finance, procured the services of Huron Consulting Group and Health Care Building Solutions, Inc., to establish a comprehensive plan to partner with a financially strong, high quality, regional healthcare partner to bring a sustainable, state-of-the-art hospital to the St. Elizabeths East Campus in Ward 8.
The District’s plan calls for a new hospital to serve all District residents – with a focus on the residents of Wards 7 and 8, an ambulatory care center, retail services, parking, medical office space and community partnerships that will establish a system of care to serve our communities and continue the progress we’ve made to develop the St. Elizabeths East campus.
- Proposed FY19-24 Capital Funding for projects associated with the new Medical Center at St. Elizabeths East
Below is a list of studies and reports related to the New Hospital at St. Elizabeths East. The HBS and Huron reports should be read together.
Healthcare Building Solutions (HBS): Assessment of Options for New Hospital Size, Location, Site Design and Construction Costs
- Executive Summary (March 2018) – Hospital Size Assessment, Preliminary Construction Budget and Schedule
- Full Report (March 2018) - Hospital Size Assessment, Preliminary Construction Budget and Schedule
- Mayor Bowser Press Release Announcing HBS Site Selection (September 5, 2017) .
- HBS Executive Summary (September 2017) - Site Selection Study
- HBS Full Report (September 2016) – Site Evaluation and Selection Study and Recommendations
Huron Consulting Group: A New Hospital at St. Elizabeths East
- Huron - Executive Summary (March 2018) – A New Hospital at St. Elizabeths East - Analysis of a Financially Stable, Integrated Medical Campus and Ambulatory Pavilion
- Huron - Full Summary Report (March 2018)– A New Hospital at St. Elizabeths East - Analysis of a Financially Stable, Integrated Medical Campus and Ambulatory Pavilion
- Huron - Press Release – DHCF Announces Contract Award to Huron for Professional Health Care Services in Support of Planning for a New Hospital East of the River (May 15, 2017).
Other Related Documents
- District of Columbia Health Systems Plan, Department of Health (July 2017)
- Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development - St Elizabeths East Campus Redevelopment
- Photo Gallery – Draft Renderings
* Note: In order to protect the confidentiality and proprietary nature of select analysis and information contained within, the reports have been modified accordingly.
Olivia Dedner, Communications Director, Office of the City Administrator