What is happening on October 1?
- The District will continue to enroll individuals and families in Medicaid who qualify.
- The District, for the first time ever, will take Medicaid applications over the web via http://dchealthlink.com, a new online, automated eligibility system; and over the telephone via the DC Health Link Contact Center, toll free at 855-532-5465.
- The District will be using electronic data sources to verify applications. This will reduce the amount of paper that applicants must submit and will reduce processing times.
- The District will continue to accept applications at all ESA Community Service Centers.
- Thirty-five community organizations have been funded to provide in-person assistance to District residents seeking health insurance coverage, including Medicaid.
- There is no wrong door. Regardless of where you apply, your application will be processed and you will receive a decision. If you are not eligible for Medicaid because you are over income, DC Health Link will let you know if you are eligible for premium tax credits and other assistance that will help you purchase affordable private insurance in the new DC Health Link Marketplace. Coverage for private insurance starts January 1, 2014.
What will be happening in November?
- In November, DC Health Link will be able to process applications faster. In many cases, Medicaid eligibility determinations will happen in real time.
- DC will also implement new Medicaid eligibility rules, called “MAGI” that will simplify the eligibility process for 70 percent of beneficiaries. DC is implementing these rules ahead of the federal deadline which is January 1, 2014.
Ways to submit a Medicaid application
District residents will be able to apply:
- Online: log onto http://dchealthlink.com
- By telephone: call the DC Health Link Contact Center, toll free at (855) 532-5465
- By fax: fax the DC Health Link application and supplemental questions to (202) 671-4400
- In-person and by mail: visit or mail completed applications to any Service Center listed below
ESA Service Centers:
Anacostia Service Center
2100 Martin Luther King Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20020
Phone: (202) 645-4614
Fax: (202) 727-3527
H Street Service Center
645 H St., NE
Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 698-4350
Fax: (202) 724-8964
Congress Heights Service Center
4001 South Capitol St., SW
Washington, DC 20032
Phone: (202) 645-4546
Fax: (202) 645-4524
Fort Davis Service Center
3851 Alabama Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20020
Phone: (202) 645-4500
Fax: (202) 645-6205
Taylor Street Service Center
1207 Taylor St., NW
Washington, DC 20011
Phone: (202) 576-8000
Fax: (202) 576-8740