Be rewarded for providing great care and utilizing your electronic health record (EHR) system!
As part of the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment (ARRA) Act, The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) established the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs. The DC Medicaid EHR incentive Program (MEIP) has rewarded hundreds of District providers who have adopted, implemented, upgraded, or demonstrated Meaningful Use (MU) of certified EHR technology in ways that improve quality, safety, and effectiveness of patient-centered care.
Doctors, Dentists, Nurse Practitioners and Certified Nurse Midwifes who treat a minimum percentage of Medicaid beneficiaries are eligible to participate in the incentive program. Eligible professionals may receive up to $63,750 (over a six-year period) upon demonstrating meaningful use of federally Certified Electronic Health Records (CEHRT) as part of the Medicaid Electronic Health Record Incentive Payment Program (MEIP).
On October 16, 2015, CMS published in the Federal Register the new Final Rule titled, CMS EHR Incentive Program Stage 3 and Modifications to Meaningful Use in 2015 through 2017. This Final Rule addresses the most recent requirements for the incentive program for both Eligible Professionals (EPs) and Eligible Hospitals (EH).
DC MEDICAID EHR INCENTIVE PROGRAM RESULTS
The District originally launched the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program (MEIP) in 2013. Enrollment in the program has gradually increased and the following payments have been made to DC Medicaid eligible providers:
|Eligible Professionals||Eligible Hospitals|
|Adopt, Implement or Upgrade (AIU)||279||5|
*updated March 2019
PROGRAM YEAR 2018 UPDATE
DHCF is pleased to announce the opening of Program Year 2018 for the DC Medicaid EHR Incentive Program on January 15, 2019. Program Year 2018 will close promptly on April 15, 2019. DHCF does not anticipate an extension to this deadline. Providers may attest to the program requirements through the new State-Level Repository here: https://dcslr.thinkhts.com.
How to attest?
The District has continued its partnership with eHealthDC, a DC Primary Care Association program, to provide free technical assistance to District Medicaid providers. eHealthDC leads a multi-year technical assistance program intended to:
- Assist staff and providers with better utilization of EHRs in accordance with the current practice workflows and program requirements
- Provide exceptional Meaningful Use technical and on-site support to improve in weak performance areas to meet MU requirements
All eligible District providers interested in taking advantage of eHealthDC’s free support should contact eHealthDC staff directly at [email protected] or call (202) 552-2331. Please visit their website for more information.
Below are some important tips you need to know about meeting EHR Incentive Programs requirements in Program Year 2018:
- EPs have the option to attest to Stage 2 or Stage 3 MU objectives for PY2018. Beginning in PY2019, Stage 3 will be required of all EPs.
- There are 10 MU objectives for Stage 2, and 8 MU objectives for Stage 3.EPs have the option to attest to Stage 2 or Stage 3 MU objectives. Beginning in PY 2019, Stage 3 will be required of all EPs.
- EPs who wish to attest to Stage 3 objectives must use Certified EHR Technology (CEHRT) that is certified to the 2015 Edition or a combination of 2014/2015 Edition CEHRT.
- All EPs may select an EHR Reporting Period of any continuous 90-day period from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018.
- All EPs may select a Clinical Quality Measures (CQM) Reporting Period of any continuous 90-day period from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018.
- EPs must conduct their Security Risk Assessment during Calendar Year 2018.
If you need assistance with DHCF's Medicaid EHR Incentive Program (MEIP), please contact:
|MEIP General Inquiries||Eduarda Koch||[email protected]||(202) 673-3561|
|MEIP Pre-Payment Verification||Adaeze Okonkwo||[email protected]||(202) 478-9227|