Learn How to Earn
What: Up to $63,750 is available to providers who can demonstrate meaningful use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) as part of the Medicaid Electronic Health Record Incentive Payment Program (MEIP).
Who: All Eligible Professionals who maintain at least 30% DC Medicaid patient volume including:
- Nurse practitioners
- Certified Nurse – Midwife
How: Please visit the DC State Level Registry (SLR) for more information and to begin your Program Year 2016 attestation (PY2016).
Attest here to receive $21,250 in incentive payments if you are a Medicaid Eligible Professional and if this is your first time attesting (regardless of whether others in your organization have previously attested). EPs who have already attested for their first payment are also eligible to receive $8,500 for subsequent payments. Providers seeking to participate in the Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs (MEIP) must demonstrate Meaningful Use (MU) with or Adopt, Implement, or Upgrade (AIU) federally Certified EHR Technology (CEHRT) federally Certified EHR Technology (CEHRT).
- AIU attestations for PY2016 will be accepted through June 30, 2017.
- PY2016 is the last year to begin the attestation process.
Below are some important tips you need to know about meeting EHR Incentive Programs requirements in PY2016.
- All providers are required to attest to a single set of objectives and measures. This replaces the core and menu structure of previous stages.
- For EPs, there are 10 Modified Stage 2 objectives and measures.
- All providers must attest to objectives and measures using 2014 or 2015 Edition Certified EHR Technology (CEHRT).
- EPs may exclude Modified Stage 2 measures in 2016 for which there is no Stage 1 equivalent.
- For PY 2016 attestations, EPs may select an EHR reporting period of any continuous 90 day period from January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016.
You can also learn more about MU objectives from CMS here.
Registering for Incentive Payments:
1. Register with CMS at Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Program. Select “District of Columbia” as the state of attestation.
2. Verify that you are using CEHRT.
3. Register with the District’s State Level Registry for incentive payments.
*It can take up to 45 days for DHCF to process and issue your incentive payment.
If you need assistance with DHCF's Medicaid EHR Incentive Program (MEIP), please contact:
|MEIP||Wanda Foster||[email protected]||(202) 442-4623|
- Registration User Guide for Eligible Professionals [PDF]
- Registration User Guide for Eligible Hospitals [PDF]
- DC SLR Eligible Professional User Manual [PDF]
- DC SLR Eligible Hospital User Manual [PDF]
- MEIP Non-Medicaid Enrolled Cover Letter Sept 2014 [PDF]
- MEIP Non-Medicaid Enrolled Provider Form [PDF]
- CMS eHealth University
- How to Implement EHRs
- DC Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Dashboard [PDF]
- DC Public Health Upgrade [PDF]
- Evaluation of Stage 3 Meaningful Use Objectives in DC [PDF]