Prenatal care is the health care you get while you are pregnant. Take care of yourself and your baby by:
- Getting early prenatal care - If you're pregnant, or think you might be, call your doctor to schedule a visit.
- Getting regular prenatal care - Your doctor will schedule you for many checkups over the course of your pregnancy. Don't miss any-they are all important.
- Follow your doctor's advice.
Regular prenatal care appointments with a doctor and/or midwife are important for maintaining the health of a mother and her baby during a pregnancy. Your doctor will examine you using lab tests and an ultrasound to make sure you and your baby are healthy. To learn more about prenatal care services please check with your health plan and click the links below:
Local Prenatal Resources:
- Children's National Medical Center
- Community of Hope
- DC Healthy Start Project
- Department of Health - Pregnancy Services
- Developing Families Center
- La Clinica del Pueblo
- Mary's Center
- Perry Family Health Center
National Pregnancy Resources:
Pregnancy and Dental Care