Medicaid EHR Incentive Program (MEIP)
The MEIP was established under the provisions of the HITECH Act and provides for incentive payments to certain health care professionals and hospitals that meet specific eligibility requirements when they adopt, implement, upgrade and meaningfully use certified EHR technology.
Department of Health Care Finance (DHCF) is responsible for the MEIP in the District of Columbia and anticipates being able to accept online enrollments and attestations for the MEIP by July 2013.
Note: Eligible Hospitals that register for both Medicare and Medicaid may pre-register for MEIP before the District launches its online attestation portal in July, but your hospital will be placed in a "pending state validation" status for eligibility in MEIP. To prepare for the MEIP, health care professionals and hospitals must adopt, implement or upgrade to a CMS-certified EHR system; (use the Certified Health IT Product List available at http://oncchpl.force.com/ehrcert to verify the certification status of your EHR system); register on the CMS EHR registration website available at the CMS EHR registration website.
To begin now,
- Register at CMS.gov for Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Program.
- Verify approved EMR version for Adopt, Implement, and Upgrade (AIU).
- Please select and download the documents below to learn more about the Medicaid and Medicare Incentive program, eligibility, and registration process.
Feel free to also use this Step by Step process by selecting the link below to learn more about Meaningful Use and Attestation:
For more information, including payment tables, visit the web address listed below and return to this web site, frequently, for future updates regarding our Registration and Attestation portal.
- MEIP will continue to pay incentives through 2021. Eligible professionals can participate for 6 years, and participation years do not have to be consecutive. The last year that an eligible professional can begin participation in the MEIP is 2016.
- Incentive payments for eligible professionals under the MEIP are higher than the Medicare Incentive Program — up to $63,750 over six years.
What are the categories of eligible professionals that may qualify for the MEIP?
- Nurse practitioners
- Certified Nurse – Midwife
- Physician Assistants (PA) who practice in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or Rural Health Center (RHC) that is led by a PA.
Who may I contact for more information on the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program in the District?
For additional information on health information technology (HIT) activities in the District, including the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program you may contact the individuals listed below:
|EHR Incentive Program||Cleveland Woodson, DC HIT Coordinator||(202) 724-7342|